Friday, February 19, 2010

Ups and Downs

As some of you may already know, I took a tumble yesterday at work. No, like, I actually fell down all the way on the concrete to where I was lying down and my glasses had hit the pavement while they were still on my face! Since I work at a junior high school, I have always been uncomfortable walking through the campus during passing period. The kids are just flying through without looking where they're going, and half of them are taller than I am, so I feel like they can't even see me.

So there I was, tripping and falling and as I'm hitting the cement, I can hear chuckles! No lie! And then I see their feet continuing to pass me by. Thank God the Vice Principal was nearby or I'd probably still be sitting there!

It's amazing how many thoughts can go through your head in those brief seconds as you're plummetting toward the ground: Oh my gosh, not in front of the kids! I know I'm gonna break something! What do I look like right now as this is occurring? Seriously, I really had these thoughts. Psycho!

The cool thing is, I did not sustain any injuries! I mean, I am not in good shape physically, and all day long I kept saying, "Thank you, Jesus! It could have been so much worse!" Sure, my glasses were broken, but the Crazy Glue is working and I have a new pair on its way. But when I fell 15 years ago, I broke both of my elbows! That was rough! I could be really messed up right now.

I have decided that it wasn't an angel who protected me; it was Jesus Himself! Only He could have done such an amazing miracle! He just put His hand out and caught me! He is so awesome!

So, although I have some sore muscles, a small bruise, and a glue line on my glasses, I am so thankful for the protection the Lord extended to me yesterday! He is amazing!

Have a Blessed Day!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you have only minor hurts. Thank you Jesus for your daily love and care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know God always has our backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that I didn't read about this sooner. I do hope that you are feeling better. I just read in Joshua about when the Lord told Joshua the exact way that He would help the Israelites cross the Jordan. He wanted the priests to carry the Ark of the Covenant half way across, with the people following at a distance to show respect. Then when they got at the half way point, the priests were to stay and the people keep going, when the last one got to the shore, the priests could then continue, exiting the Jordan. I saw this as the Lord being before us and behind us, surrounding us with His protection.

    I am so happy that you serve a God who is before you and behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Not that you fell, but that you can have a sense of humor about it. I think one of the best ways to deal with a potentially embarassing or stressful situations is to have a sense of humor about them. And I'm certainly glad the "crazy glue" is holding your glasses together while your new pair is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I'm so glad that you're ok. At our age broken bones don't heal as quickly as they used to ! I love how you write, regardless of the topic you draw the reader in with your transparency of thoughts, rich descriptions and choice of words. More than all that, what I truly love is your willingness to give credit where credit is due. You know that others who do not see God's hand in their daily lives might read this and you don't worry about being politically correct and skipping that part of your experience. Thanks for letting your light shine.

    ReplyDelete